Graphic Art/Design & Video Intern - OC Waste & Recycling
29 people are interested
OC Waste & Recycling (OCWR) is responsible for managing the County’s solid waste disposal system. The system consists of three active regional landfill operations, 20 closed solid waste disposal sites, and four household hazardous waste collection centers.
OCWR offers a dynamic and innovative work environment in which individuals are encouraged to utilize their talents, skills and creativity to address community needs and challenges. The intern work with the department’s Strategic Communications unit.
Major Duties/Responsibilities of Intern:
The intern will design and produce visually compelling graphics for digital communications, print pieces and presentations. The work produced will target internal and external constituents. Examples of work includes:
- Templates for internal newsletter, fact sheets, reports, project briefing sheets, standardized PowerPoint.
- Landfill tour printed materials.
- Announcements and materials for internal quarterly meetings.
- Graphics for posting on intranet/web carousel banner. Also, graphics for social media posts.
- Invitations, event flyers, posters.
- Short educational/informational videos.
Internship is best suited for students or recent graduates who have completed coursework and/or gained experience in graphics design, illustration, design and visual communication, video editing, advertising or related fields.
Skills, Training or Qualifications Desired:
The ideal candidate has intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite software, excellent written and oral communication skills, and extensive knowledge of some or all of the following programs: Adobe Creative Suite Software, Video Editing, Publisher, Photoshop and/or Visio, and other contemporary video and graphic design programs.
Flexible schedules that consist of 8-20 hours per week for one or more semesters or quarters are available. Hours must be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Interns able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits that the Intern Position Offers:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to paid employment, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Build resumes and portfolios
- Explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Network in their fields of interest with professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in Orange County
- Intern with one of the premier employers in the region
Prospective interns must provide a portfolio or examples of their graphic art/design and/or web design work with their application material.
Please e-mail a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript and portfolio or examples of graphic art/design work, video experience and social media experience/knowledge to Jane.Dawson@ocgov.com. The cover letter is an opportunity for students to describe career and academic goals, to elaborate upon personal and academic accomplishments, to share areas of interest that relate to the internship and to identify what type of internship experience they are seeking. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours.
We'll work with your schedule.
300 North Flower StreetSanta Ana, CA 92703
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design / Print
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Visual Arts
- Video Production
- Must be at least 18
- 8 or more hours per week for 3 or more months
- Hours must be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)