The Receptionist is the first person to greet visitors to the Elizabeth Gregory Home Day Center. This position is responsible for creating a welcoming environment at the front desk and to assist women who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to sign in.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors to the EGH Day Center.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls to staff.
- Provide basic information (e.g. hours of operation, location, bus directions), about EGH in person and on the phone as needed.
- Assist women signing up for showers and other services as needed.
- Register new women to the Day Center and facilitate intakes.
- Distribute bus tickets and perform other clerical receptionist duties as needed.
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 4 hours per week, 3 months to a year
- Friendly and kind to all. EGH serves anyone who self identifies as a woman.