Volunteer with Toronto International Buskerfest 2019!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
This year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Toronto International Buskerfest! This event is North America’s largest street performing festival and is organized to help raise awareness and donations for children and families with epilepsy; making it both a fun and rewarding experience. Join comedians, escape-artists, sword-swallowers, musicians, magicians, fire jugglers, acrobats, aerial artists, clowns and daredevils; over a hundred of the most extraordinary street performers on earth, as they descend upon Woodbine Park for some serious fun! Do so while also helping to raise much-needed funds for Epilepsy Toronto.
There is 1 in 100 people living with Epilepsy in our community. By volunteering, you can help make a difference.
Join our team of over 400 volunteers and help us reach our annual goal of raising $100,000 for Epilepsy Toronto at our largest, most exciting event, Toronto International BuskerFest! We have a variety of volunteer positions available, many of which focus on fundraising and raising awareness about epilepsy. The main volunteer positions include:
Gate Ambassadors: Welcome guests, accept admission donations and raise epilepsy awareness
Festival Guides: Provide information and directions, and ensure that guests have the best possible festival experience
Epilepsy Educators: Share knowledge and break stigma about epilepsy; host games and other learning activities
Accessibility Support Volunteers: Promote festival accessibility for all of our guests
Performer Assistants: Work with the entertainment team and Buskers to ensure the performances at all stages run smoothly
- Social Media/Photographers: Drive people to festival by taking pictures and using social media (be prepared to show examples).
VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO:
* Attend an Orientation Session and a Training Session prior to the festival
* Be 15 years of age or older
* Complete a minimum of 2 shifts (about 8 hours during the 4-day festival)
* Be comfortable providing customer service and interacting with the public
* Be comfortable with actively working outside for the majority of your shift (4-5 hours)
* Gain valuable special event and fundraising experience
* Improve customer service skills
* Meet new people and work with an incredible volunteer team
* Support those living with epilepsy in their community at the LARGEST epilepsy awareness event in the world!
* Experience talents beyond one's wildest expectations
* Contribute to the production of the LARGEST street performer festival in North America!
* Receive an awesome Purple Volunteer T-shirt and snacks/drinks during their shift
To learn more about the festival, please visit www.torontobuskerfest.com.TO APPLY:
Visit www.torontobuskerfest.com/getinvolved_volunteer.phpto check out all the positions and then complete an application form. Then, sign up for an orientation session. We look forward to working with you!
If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact our volunteer department at email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Woodbine Park (1695 Queen St E)Toronto, ON M4L 1G7Canada
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 shifts (8 hours) during the festival
- Attend orientation (July) and training (August) prior to the festival