Community Partner Liaison
Do you love meeting new people and connecting with your community? Are you interested in working with an innovative non-profit organization? Are you passionate about fighting hunger in the Boston area?
The Campus Kitchen Project is a national leader in community engagement and hunger relief on 53 campuses around the country. Our program empowers the next generation of leaders to implement innovative models for combating hunger, enhancing food systems, and connecting communities. We partner with high schools, colleges, and universities to share on-campus kitchen space, recover food from cafeterias, and engage students as leaders.
This volunteer powered initiative provides opportunities to plan menus, run cooking shifts, organize deliveries, garden, glean, teach nutrition education classes and conduct SNAP outreach.
The Campus Kitchen at UMASS Boston (CKUMB) is excited to offer a new opportunity to join our team as the Community Partner Liaison. This position ensures that we maintain quality communication between our operations and community partners. It would also enable us to reach out to other organizations in the area to form new partnerships.
Time Commitment: 4-8 hours/week, Wednesday mornings/afternoons preferred
Location: UMASS BostonCampus Center 100 Morrissey Blvd. Dorchester, all deliveries are in Dorchester’s Columbia Point neighborhood and are accessible by shuttle
The Community Partner Liaison will:
- Assist with meal deliveries
- Serve meals to partners
- Foster and expand relationships with our community partners
- Attend Leadership Team meetings and planning sessions
- Document and promote community relationships
- Connecting with the local community including great networking opportunities
- Building and enhancing communication techniques
- Making a difference in the community by reducing both hunger and food waste
- Ability to track hours for requirements or internships if needed
- Friendly and approachable attitude
- Comfortable working independently and as a team
- A sense of humor
- Ability to lift/carry pans of food (20 lbs.)
- Ability to stand for extended time to serve meals
How to Get Involved:
Please send a note of interest to Rebecca Driscoll, CKUMB Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Community Partner Liaison" in the subject line
- People Skills
- Capacity Planning
- Relationship Building
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4-8 hours/week
- ability to lift 20 lbs