Please share with anyone you know (neighbor, family member, etc) who might want to become a part of The Mariners' Museum's Docent Program!
IF YOU ENJOY...
- Telling a good story.
- Meeting new people and interacting with diverse audiences, age groups, and learning styles.
- Working in a busy and often changing environment
- An interest in maritime history and culture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Handle frequent walking and standing.
The Mariners' Museum Docents support the mission of the Museum by telling the story of our connections with the sea. Through gallery tours and interpretation, they help visitors of all ages understand how we are all impacted by the sea. Benefits of being a Docent include continued education opportunities on a variety of maritime topics through formal lectures, training, and personal research; the opportunity to meet visitors from around the globe; and the knowledge that you are contributing to an institution you already love.
Please contact Beth Heaton at 757-591-7712 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Library Sciences
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week