Have you ever wanted to get a behind the scenes look at The Old Manse but don't have the time to commit to a weekly volunteer position? Then becoming an Event Volunteer at The Old Manse is your chance! Volunteers are needed to serve a variety of roles during events. Becoming an Event Volunteer is a great chance to support The Old Manse and The Trustees without necessarily making a long-term commitment!
- We will have a variety of needs that will depend on the event however responsibilities may include:
- Handing out programs, provide directions to visitors, and answering questions
- Interacting with visitors before tours and providing a short introduction to The Old Manse (script provided on the day of the event)
- Serve refreshments
- Monitor rooms when Historic Interpreters are on break
- Set up and/or break down indoor and outdoor space for lectures and concerts
- Assist with visitor parking
- Friendly demeanor
- Interest in The Old Manse and/or The Trustees a plus!
- Ability to volunteer for periodic weekend and evening events
Physical Demands of the position
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain; stand for long periods of time, and ability to spend significant periods of time outside and in spaces with no air conditioning. Reasonable accommodations can be made.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 2 or 4 hour shift
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation to The Old Manse.
- Spend your Morning at a Farm!
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- Membership Assistant-Boston Office
- Harvest Assistant-Chestnut Hill...
- The Old Manse Event Assistants
- Event Volunteers-Chestnut Hill...
- CSA Distribution...
- Public Program Assistants:...