Have you ever wanted to get a behind the scenes look at The Old Manse but don't have the time to commit to a weekly volunteer position? Then becoming an Event Volunteer at The Old Manse is your chance! Volunteers are needed to serve a variety of roles during events throughout the coming months. Becoming an Event Volunteer is a great chance to support The Old Manse and The Trustees without necessarily making a long-term commitment!
Additionally, summer and fall of 2016 mark a very special time for The Old Manse with the launch of our Art in the Landscape program! Read more here: http://www.thetrustees.org/about-us/press-room/press-releases/art-and-the-landscape.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
- We will have a variety of needs that will depend on the event however responsibilities may include:
- Handing out programs, provide directions to visitors, and answering questions
- Interacting with visitors before tours and providing a short introduction to The Old Manse (script provided on the day of the event)
- Serve refreshments
- Monitor rooms when Historic Interpreters are on break
- Set up and/or break down indoor and outdoor space for lectures and concerts
- Assist with visitor parking
- Friendly demeanor
- Interest in The Old Manse and/or The Trustees a plus!
- Ability to volunteer for at least one of the upcoming events. If you are unable to volunteer for one of these events but would like to be notified when other events are posted please let us know!
- August 5 th-Free Fun Friday! Shifts between 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- *August 13 th- 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- *September 24 th -Shifts from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- *October 15 th- 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- *October 16 th -1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Note: this event will take place at another location in Concord
* Indicates Art in the Landscape Lyceum
Physical Demands of the position
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain; stand for long periods of time, and ability to spend significant periods of time outside and in spaces with no air conditioning. Reasonable accommodations can be made.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 2 or 4 hour shift
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation to The Old Manse.