Social Services Assistant
123 people are interested
Volunteers assist social workers and case aides in various areas based on the volunteer’s skills, interests and abilities, and the needs of the agency. Activities may include administrative tasks, research, phone calls, in home vistis, and more.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, able to respect and maintain confidential information, read and write in English, the ability drive and to speak a second language is desirable.
About Ramsey County
160 E. Kellogg Blvd #9800, St. Paul, MN 55101, US
Vision: A vibrant community where all are valued and thrive. Mission: A county of excellence working with you to enhance our quality of life. Goals: Strengthen individual, family and community health, safety and well-being through effective safety-net services, innovative programming, prevention and early intervention, and environmental stewardship. Cultivate economic prosperity and invest in neighborhoods with concentrated financial poverty through proactive leadership and inclusive initiatives that engage all communities in decisions about our future. Enhance access to opportunity and mobility for all residents and businesses through connections to education, employment and economic development throughout our region. Model fiscal accountability, transparency and strategic investments through professional operations and financial management.
Ramsey County's departments are organized into four Service Teams and a Strategic Team. Volunteer opportunities are available with the following teams
- Economic Growth and Community Investment Service Team: Library system and Parks & Recreation Department.
- Health and Wellness Service Team: Community Corrections, Financial Assistance Services, Healthcare Services (Ramsey County Care Center and the Lake Owasso Residence), Public Health, Social Services and Veterans Services.
- Safety and Justice Service Team: Sheriff’s Department and Emergency Management & Homeland Security.
- Strategic Team: Advisory Boards & Committees
When you volunteer for Ramsey County, you are doing more than a good deed. You are developing skills, learning more about career options and meeting new friends and contacts, all while making a positive impact on your community.
We'll work with your schedule.
Ramsey County Government Center East160 East Kellogg BlvdSaint Paul, MN 55101
- Child Welfare
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 shift per week for at least 6 months
- Should you contact us, please check your spam/junk mail for our responses—thank you!