U.S. Vote Foundation seeks four interns to work under the direction of our marketing manager during this election year.
- Help launch and manage social media presences for the US Vote Foundation and Overseas Vote Foundation across social media/collaboration sites.
- Aid in writing and editing long form copy and graphics for organizational emails to mailing list.
- Adhere to editorial calendar to ensure content is being released on time.
- Work with Marketing Manager and Marketing Specialists to update editorial calendars and ensure all assets/materials are timely and up to date.
- Support user engagement via active community participation and conversation; manage online discussions by listening and responding to users (where appropriate) in a timely and authentic manner. Escalate issues as needed and provide feedback on community happenings.
- Monitor and track discussion topics for management team; Proactively monitor relevant themes/news stories within the blogosphere and provide suggestions for timely content, assets and conversations within brand communities.
- Research and help cultivate relationships with key influencers in the voting space and organizations with related missions -- leverage to cross-promote efforts.
- Work weekly with Marketing Manager, Marketing Specialists, and President to ensure proper messaging is being executed online and that it is relevant to client goals.
- Use online listening, supplemental research and daily community learnings to provide insights for improving programs and enhancing program successes.
- Research and identify social media best practices and relevant brand examples within the space for proposals and online audits.
- 0-1+ years of professional work experience (experience at interactive, advertising, public relations or marketing preferred).
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Familiarity or interest in learning Social Media Management and Content Management Systems (Hootsuite)
- Possess background knowledge and a true passion for the social media marketing space.
- Must have strong verbal and writing/grammatical skills as well as ability to present information and ideas logically and clearly; keen eye for detail also required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Marketing Analytics
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10 hrs/week