*** This opportunity IS ELIGIBLE for community service hours for work or school ONLY. ***
Intern Position available - Feb 6 - April 8
Learn the daily operations of a community nonprofit from the planning to the implentation of volunteering at sites and events.
Internship is Seasonal Unpaid and lasts 8 to 10 weeks, 10-15 hrs per month. Available for ages 17-21.
- Assist with weekly promotions of scholarship program
- Recruit youth volunteers for community service opportunities at food pantries, clothes closets, charity fundraisers and special events on social meda (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumbler, etc)
- Volunteer at least once a month at an affiliate food pantry either in Westmont or Naperville
- Attend 1-2 Team Meetings
- 1 General Board Meeting
- 1-2 Special Events
BENEFITS OF A DRNC NFP INTERNSHIP
- Gain experience in non-profit volunteer community service for your resume.
- Work in a positive environment.
- Learn about the impact of volunteer’s community service in society from numerous levels of DRNC management.
- Letter of recommendation upon completing internship.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hrs per month for 8 to 10 weeks