Vice President of Operations (One for Sacramento and one for the Bay Area)
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Who We Are
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is a registered, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our Dreamcatcher program that combines mentoring and micro-funding opportunities for low-income K-12 and community college students from underprivileged Bay Area communities to help them realize their scholastic and career dreams. In addition, our scholarship fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, we also donate school supplies and provide experiential learning through our classroom program.
We were able to fulfill the dreams of over 2,000 Bay Area youth and distribute over $250,000 in goods and services to those in need. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, and Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate.
Capture the Dream, Inc. is looking for a Vice President of Operations to lead our efforts in recruiting and retaining our volunteer staff. The ideal candidate should have a real passion for non-profit work, and a deep understanding of organizational efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and motivate our volunteer base. Provide direction, mentorship, and feedback as needed.
- Facilitate staffing and operational needs. Conduct recruitment as needed for additional volunteers to manage our programs
- Maintain regular communication with other organizational leaders to understand and fulfill their volunteer needs.
- Work closely with the ED to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Partner with Finance Team to develop annual budget and operating plan to support volunteer engagement and retention programs
- Partner with Marketing/PR and IT Teams to ensure programs are fully supported
- Expand team over time to enhance capabilities and expertise.
- Meet monthly for staff meetings, Program Committee Meetings, and other community programs meetings
- BA/MA, Preferred degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, other related field.
- 5 or more years of work experience including 3-5 years in a leadership role.
- Analytical and critical thinker who has demonstrated the ability to execute and deliver high quality work. Timely and well-organized with consistent follow-up
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. Proven capability to improve processes and scale organizations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Collaborative approach and ability to influence across physical and virtual environments.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Capture the Dream’s mission
- Flexible schedule that will permit meetings, phone conferences, and on-site visits
- Must reside in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area with reliable transportation
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel. Adobe Acrobat desired
- Minimum 1 year commitment to the role, with a minimum of 10 hours/per week dedicated to this volunteer role
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Stacey@capturethedream.org
For more information, please visit us at: http://www.capturethedream.org
Capture the Dream, Inc.
484 Lake Park Avenue, #15
Oakland, CA 94610
484 Lake Park AveOakland, CA 94610
- Resource Development / Management
- Human Resources Strategy
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours..approximately 4 to 8 hours a week