Help us feed more kids this school year! On any given day, about 5,000 children are hungry in Southeast Texas. The Houston Food Bank's Backpack Buddy program works to fill the gap for children who rely on free or reduced-price lunches during the school year and go home to meager or no meals on weekends.
Volunteers are needed for site visits at many of the hundreds of schools participating in the program. These site visits are key to verifying compliance with the program. Monitors will work to schedule site visits with school coordinators on weekdays during the school year. Hours are flexible and training and guidance will be provided. Interested? Contact Jennifer Frederic email@example.com .
- Child Welfare
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-7 hours per month
- Must have transportation, access to a computer and complete the Texas Safe Food Handling Course
- Be the Face of the Houston Food...
- Court Mandated Volunteering at...
- Be a Houston Food Bank Volunteer!
- Volunteer Scheduler
- Earn an A+ as a Teachers Aid...
- CORE Specialist
- Help End Child Hunger in our...
- Social Media Ambassador
- Kid's Cafe
- Backpack Buddy Site Monitors
- Make a Difference. Be Inspired. ...
- Administrative Volunteers Needed...