It takes time and money to handle all the waste we throw away. When we reduce the amount of stuff we buy and eventually throw away, we end up with more time, space and money. Fix-It Clinics provide an opportunity for residents to receive free assistance from repair savvy volunteers guiding them through each step from troubleshooting to completed repair.
Several volunteer opportunities are available to help at a Fix-It Clinic. Volunteer fixers who have skills in soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, wood working and general tinkering are essential to making the clinics successful. General volunteers to greet residents are needed as well.
All are Saturdays from 11:45am-3:15pm (except Dec. 17)
- Aug 20, Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley 55124
- Sept. 17, Inver Grove Community Center, 8055 Barbara Ave E, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
- Oct. 15, Ramling River Center, 325 Oak St, Farmington, MN 55024
- Nov. 19, Wentworth Library, 199 Wentworth Ave. E., West St. Paul
- Dec. 17, 9:45am-12:15pm, Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 401 Concord St, St Paul, MN 55107
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist residents in simple repairs of items
- Provide and encourage a friendly environment of learning and troubleshooting
- Guide people through each step from troubleshooting to completed repair
- Volunteer fixers who have skills in soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, wood working and general tinkering. General volunteers to greet residents are needed as well
- Must be 16 or older
Minimum Time Commitment
Medium - May involve varying amounts of activity. Comfortable, sturdy shoes recommended.
Check the Fix-It Dakota County Facebook page for upcoming clinics or view a handout of clinics.
Environmental Resources Division
14955 Galaxie Avenue
Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Auto Mechanics / Repair
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
- Mechanical Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- 3+ Hours