It takes time and money to handle all the waste we throw away. When we reduce the amount of stuff we buy and eventually throw away, we end up with more time, space and money. Fix-It Clinics provide an opportunity for residents to receive free assistance from repair savvy volunteers guiding them through each step from troubleshooting to completed repair.
Several volunteer opportunities are available to help at a Fix-It Clinic. Volunteer fixers who have skills in soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, wood working and general tinkering are essential to making the clinics successful. General volunteers to greet residents are needed as well.
All opportunities are Saturdays from 11:30am-3:15pm
- January 21: Farmington Library, 503 3rd St., Farmington MN 55024
- Feburary 18: Robert Trail Library, 14395 Robert Trail, Rosemount, MN 55068
- March 18: Pleasant Hill Library 1490 S Frontage Rd, Hastings, MN 55033
- April 15: Inver Glen Library, 8098 Blaine Ave. E, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
- May 20: Burnhaven Library, 1101 W County Road 42, Burnsville, MN 55306
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist residents in simple repairs of items
- Provide and encourage a friendly environment of learning and troubleshooting
- Guide people through each step from troubleshooting to completed repair
- Volunteer fixers who have skills in soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, wood working and general tinkering. General volunteers to greet residents are needed as well
- Must be 16 or older
Minimum Time Commitment
Medium - May involve varying amounts of activity. Comfortable, sturdy shoes recommended.
Check the Fix-It Dakota County Facebook page for upcoming clinics or view a handout of clinics.
Environmental Resources Division
14955 Galaxie Avenue
Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Auto Mechanics / Repair
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
- Mechanical Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- 3+ Hours