Case Management Associate
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
Established in 2006, Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social service organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, Middle-East, North Africa, and Latin America into American society.
As CIANA provides basic services that seek to make daily life easier to navigate, we would like to expand our help to provide access to benefits and application assistance. We are looking for an energetic and outgoing Case management Assistant.
NOTE: This position is not supervised by a licensed case manager, and is therefore not eligible for case management credit. It IS however, a valuable experience and introduction to working with at-risk and high-needs community members. Training will be provided.
- Analysis of client intake information for needs-assessment
- Interviewing client and ascertaining eligibility for benefits
- Providing assistance with web-based and paper applications
- Managing client information and referral records
The intern must:
- be available at least 10 hours per week
- have superior people skills and enjoy working with diverse populations
- be highly organized, goal oriented, and a problem solver
- Language proficiency in Spanish, Arabic, or Bengali preferred
How to apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of the application.
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 months minimum, 10-15 hours per week
- Case Management Associate
- Volunteer Civics Instructor
- Fundraiser / Donor Relation...
- Volunteer Immigration Attorney
- Arabic speaking volunteer
- Volunteers Management Coordinator
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Social Media Coordinator
- Civics Instructor
- Grant Writers
- Volunteer Executive Assistant
- Elementary School After-School...
- Adult Classes Assistant