Adult Classes Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AvenueAstoria, NY 11102
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
CIANA runs adult ESL and Civics classes for new immigrants and Americans 3 days per week. Needs for the program include curriculum development, student satisfaction monitoring, and resource development and improvement.
- managing intake data and student registration
- helping run placement tests and recording results
- helping implement monitoring and evaluation of student progress
- Must be available from 10-1 Tu/W/Th
- Spanish, Arabic, or Bengali speakers are preferred, but not required.
- Course work in ESL, adult learners, or education required
- Desire to learn about program management preferred, but not required
- Great collaborator and brain-stormer
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Devon Stein at email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of the application.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Spanish-Speaking Outreach...
- Volunteer ESL Teacher
- Spanish-Speaking Adminstrative...
- Arabic Speaking Outreach...
- Volunteers Management Coordinator
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Social Media Coordinator
- Civics Instructor
- Arabic-Speaking Adminstrative...
- Program Coordinator for...
- Elementary School After-School...
- Adult Classes Assistant