The Volunteer Cook performs semi-skilled work in preparing a variety of food types for guests attending senior centers.
- Prepares kitchen and food preparation areas upon arrival.
- Cleans kitchen area before and after food service.
- Prepares ingredients beforehand, and cooks meal according to menu.
- Follows nutritional guidelines and portion sizes per dietary guidelines.
- Bakes pastries and bread.
- Reviews and assists with stock of kitchen and informs supervisor of need to order food and food supplies.
- Reconstitutes frozen meals in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Operates standard cooking equipment, such as ranges, mixers, food choppers, refrigerators, microwaves, etc.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and coolers; washes dishes.
- Receives and stocks food and food supplies, maintains sanitary standards.
- Applies and adheres to safety standards.
- Receives and forwards complaints to appropriate individuals.
- Reports unusual events, mishaps and emergencies to appropriate individuals.
Participates in trainings.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 12 months
- High school diploma or GED, Course in food handling, 1 year of recent food handling