1 person is interested
Senior and People with Disabilities Advocate
ORGANIZATION: Monmouth NorthWest Senior and Disability Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
NorthWest Senior and Disability Services is currently accepting applications from volunteers interested in serving on the Senior Advisory Council or Disability Services Advisory Council.
Current Tillamook County Openings:
- 2 Tillamook County Representative to serve on Senior Advisory Council
- 2 Tillamook County Representatives to serve on Disability Services Advisory Council
- ADVOCATE for policies and legislation that affect seniors and people with disabilities
- WORK ON ISSUES related to Medicaid, Medicare, long term services and supports, abuse prevention, senior nutrition, health, and more
- INSPIRE CHANGE to programs that serve the aging and people with disabilities community
- NETWORK with other leaders, and local and state government officials
- Submit an application and complete an interview
- Attend a minimum of one meeting prior to joining
- Complete a background check
- Reside in county being represented
- Serve 2 year terms
- Meetings typically held in Salem
- Teleconferencing and travel arrangements may be available.
Qualifications for Council Membership:
- Interest in and commitment to representing the interests of older adults and people with disabilities.
- Experience and background in working for the betterment of the lives of older adults and people with disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to think objectively and express ideas.
- Willingness to devote time and energy to Council activities.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Interest in planning, policy development, and advocacy activities
For an application or more information please contact:
Zaira Flores Marin, Bilingual Council and Volunteer Coordinator
About Monmouth NorthWest Senior and Disability Services
Monmouth Senior Center, 180 Warren St S, Monmouth, OR 97361, US
"The mission of NorthWest Senior & Disability Services is to promote dignity, independence and health: honor choice & empower people."
NorthWest Senior & Disability Services (NWSDS) is a local intergovernmental agency that was created in 1982. Designated as the Area Agency on Aging for Clatsop, Marion, Polk, Tillamook and Yamhill Counties. NWSDS is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and arranging services for seniors and people with disabilities in these five counties.
Funds for the operation of NWSDS and its programs come from the federal and state government, as well as from community groups and individual donations. NWSDS also relies heavily on dedicated and compassionate volunteers who serve in the following programs:
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Dining Centers
- Oregon Money Management Program
- SHIBA (Medicare Counselors)
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Advisory Councils
PLEASE CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WONDERFUL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES OFFERED AT NWSDS.
5010 E. Third StreetTillamook, OR 97141
August 15, 2023
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hour commitment once a month.
- Applicants must complete an application and interview. Members are expected to attend all meetings.