The Japanese Friendship Garden (JFG) is in need of a PROGRAM COORDINATOR ASSISTANT INTERN for the education department. Students encouraged to apply!
Internship candidates must be energetic, creative, organized, interactive with children and parents, have excellent communication skills, take initiative, can cooperate with a wide range of personalities, and can follow through with projects and deadlines. Interns will help with planning and executing new arts and crafts programs at the Japanese Friendship Garden, in particular Free Tuesdays and Fridays. Interns will oversee the scheduling of new programs, the budget and procurement of materials, market programs, oversee program execution, train and supervise volunteers.
**Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org**RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Coordinator Assistant Internship
Reports directly to: Program Coordinator
- Assist in developing curriculum and creating children’s activities for the education department;
- Assist in administrative duties;
- Assist in research for curriculum;
- Answer inquiries about field trips, school outreach, and other Garden programming;
- Assist in developing programs, activities, workshops, and school outreach;
- Assist in developing curriculum for school groups in line with the school syllabus;
- Assist to manage docent program;
- Create surveys, analyze and apply feedback on the educational activities provided;
- work with other museum staff to develop and market the programs;
- Represent the Garden’s education department at meetings.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate weekly & monthly projects over a long period of time;
- Knowledge of community resources and marketing opportunities in the community;
- Knowledge of various software programs including website editing, word processing, and spreadsheet computer applications software;
- Comfortable in using social media platforms;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in person and over the telephone;
- Exhibit sensitivity to multicultural peers and clients;
- Ability to work under pressure; be flexible; act independently and exercise sound judgment in all matters related to assigned projects;
- Ability to prioritize work to meet stringent schedules and timelines;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Bilingual in Japanese or other languages is desirable but not required.
**Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com**
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months minimum committment
- Knowledge of Japanese culture a plus!