The Carter Burden Network is dedicated to supporting the efforts of older people to remain in their homes living independently, safely, and with dignity. Volunteers are an integral component of the Carter Burden Network’s 40+ years of success. No matter your age, experience or schedule, CBN can accommodate your needs to ensure that you have a meaningful and effective volunteer experience.
Every month, over 150 seniors benefit from the food pantry in partnership with the New York Common Pantry. While we organize a distribution on site at the Carter Burden/Leonard Covello Senior Program, we also facilitate the process for the seniors who are unable to come to the main site to pick up their bags of food.
Volunteers will facilitate pantry operations by:
- Packing about 150 small bags of food with different types of items depending on the shopping list. The pantry goods may include juice, milk, cans, cereals etc. All the items are delivered in the morning by the NY Common Pantry and a room is set up to pack the bags and organize different stations.
- Loading the bags of food into our van to be delivered to another senior center.
This project takes place the 1st Wednesday of the month at our Adult Social Day Program located at 301 East 99th Street, New York, NY 10029. Volunteers are needed from 9am to 10-30am. They should be able to lift 12-15 pounds. A Volunteer Coordinator is on site to coordinate the volunteers.
This volunteer opportunity is adapted for groups (up to 10 people). Individuals or smaller groups are also welcomed.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1st Wednesday of the month from 9am to 10:30am
- Volunteers should be able to lift 12-15 pounds.