About Resilience Design
Resilience Design is a 100% volunteer run 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization founded by three colleagues with experience in volunteer management, project and policy analysis, disaster response, educational programming, and nonprofit development.
Resilience Design seeks to support nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies regarding disaster resilience and community engagement as well as to build inclusive development programs that inspire youth to improve their communities. We hope to reduce the discrepancy between stop-gap measures and long-term resilience development utilizing a holistic view of the community.
Reporting to Administration Department Director, the External Communications Program Manager will develop and implement the general external communications strategy for the organization.
- Train, manage, and, develop a team of volunteers
- Develop, enhance, and implement an social media strategy
- Manage and improve the organization website
- Collaborate on projects with other program managers and department directors
- Develop, enhance, and, implement an local communication strategy
We are seeking highly motivated volunteers who can commit up 6-10 Hours per week for 6 months and will tackle all projects with enthusiasm. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Experience managing volunteers
- Strong experience with social media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Program Management
- Interest in disaster and/or education programs
Aside from networking with other Volunteers and multi-disciplinary professionals, Resilience Design offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Professional Experience
- Industry Networking
- Community Impact
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- up 6-10 Hours per week for 6 months