Do you enjoy helping people find the resources to meet their needs?...If so, the Patient Navigator position might be the volunteer opportunity you've been looking for!
Valuing "home," FSL’s programs and services support aging in place with numerous physical and mental health conditions that might otherwise require a move to a skilled nursing facility. The Care By Design program promotes coordination of care throughout FSL to meet the complete health and social service needs of clients, their families and caregivers. Volunteers within the Care by Design program will support the efforts of the Care Coordinator and social work staff, with an ultimate goal of optimizing clients’ outcomes by helping them to connect with appropriate programs and services.
- Makes telephone calls to follow-up on enrolled clients to introduce FSL and identify additional needs
- May process requests for assistance from the community to provide information and referral, and to determine program eligibility
- Follows assigned script and questionnaire to determine level of follow-up required
- Inputs data into database
- Assembles informational packets of FSL programs and services
- Strictly adheres to HIPPA guidelines regarding patient confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
Contact us today to learn more about this and other opportunities to volunteer with FSL!
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2-hour shifts