NorthWest Senior and Disability Services is currently accepting applications from volunteers interested in serving on the Senior Advisory Council
For an application or more information please contact:
Zaira Flores-Delgado, Council and Volunteer Coordinator
Current Marion County Openings:
- 2 Marion County Representatives to serve on Senior Advisory Council
- ADVOCATE for policies and legislation that affect our seniors
- WORK ON ISSUES related to Medicaid, Medicare, long term services and supports, elder abuse, senior nutrition and health, and more
- INSPIRE CHANGE to programs that serve the aging community
- NETWORK with other senior leaders and local and state government officials
- Passion for our aging population
- Submit an application and complete an interview
- Attend a minimum of one meeting prior to joining
- May require a background check
- Must reside in county being represented
- Representatives serve 2 year terms
- Meetings typically held in Salem
- Teleconferencing and travel arrangements may be available upon request
Qualifications for Council Membership:
- Interest in and commitment to representing the interests of older adults
- Experience and background in working for the betterment of the lives of older adults
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to think objectively and express ideas.
- Willingness to devote time and energy to Council activities.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Interest in planning, policy development, and advocacy activities
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of approx 3 hour commitment once a month.
- Applicants must complete an application and interview. Members are expected to attend all meetings.