In need of Senior or Disability Advisory Council Representative
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2002 SE Chokeberry AvenueWarrenton, OR 97146
NorthWest Senior and Disability Services is currently accepting applications from volunteers interested in serving as a Senior or Disability Services Advisory Council member representing Clatsop County.
Things you'll do :
- ADVOCATE for policies and legislation that affect our seniors
- WORK ON ISSUES related to Medicaid, Medicare, long term services and supports, elder abuse, senior nutrition and health, and more
- INSPIRE CHANGE to programs that serve the aging community
- NETWORK with other senior leaders and local and state government officials
- Passion for our aging and disability populations
- Submit an application and complete an interview
- Attend a minimum of one meeting prior to joining
- May require a background check
- Must reside in county being represented
- Serve a 2 year term
- Meetings typically held in Salem with teleconferencing and travel arrangements available upon request.
Qualifications for Council Membership:
Interest and commitment in representing the interests of older adults and adults with physical disabilities.
Experience and background in working for the betterment of the lives of older adults and adults with physical disabilities.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to think objectively and express ideas.
Willingness to devote time and energy to Council activities.
Demonstrated leadership qualities.
Interest in planning, policy development, and advocacy activities
For an application or more information please contact:
Zaira Flores Marin, Bilingual Council and Volunteer Coordinator
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of approx 3 hour commitment once a month.
- Applicants must complete an application and interview. Members are expected to attend all meetings.