Early Detection Wins the Fight to Increase Ovarian Cancer Survivorship!
DONATE TO THIS
36 people are interested
- Volunteers needed to staff health fairs, various events around town (ie: annual gala in April and Families Run for Ovarian Cancer 5K/1 mile walk/run in October)
- Serve as a committee member
- Board Development and leadership roles available
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ST LOUIS OVARIAN CANCER AWARENESS
12015 MANCHESTER RD STE 130, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63131, US
St. Louis Ovarian Cancer Awareness is committed to impacting ovarian cancer survivorship by promoting awareness of early warning signs and standards of care, funding ovarian cancer research, and supporting survivors.
SLOCA works to increase awareness of ovarian cancer in five ways:
- Volunteers staff health fairs, festivals and the Working Women’s Survival Show.
- Trained speakers make presentations on ovarian cancer to small and large groups of women and men.
- Through the program Survivors Teaching Students: Saving Women’s Lives, survivors tell their stories to medical students, nurse-practitioner and physician-assistant students, and resident doctors in the St. Louis area.
- SLOCA funds a grant for research in the area of ovarian cancer each year through the Foundation for Women's Cancer (formerly called the Gynecologic Cancer Foundation). SLOCA’s annual grant has ranged from $25,000 to $50,000. FWC evaluates the applications and awards the grant. From 2005-2013, SLOCA has given $280,000 to research grants.
- Every two to three years, SLOCA brings in national medical experts to speak to cancer patients, survivors and caregivers for an ovarian cancer survivors’ course. In 2012, the course was co-sponsored by the Cancer Support Community of St. Louis. The next course is tentatively scheduled for 2014.
We'll work with your schedule.
The St. Louis Metro AreaSaint Louis, MO 63131
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Business Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 16