Director of Finance
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: IHSF President and CEO
The director of finance and administration will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to 5-10 years. S/he will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, information technology (IT), human resources (HR), and physical infrastructure.
As a member of the senior management team, the director will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives, as well as planning for IHSF expansion to multiple new sites both locally and in other cities. In keeping with IHSF values, the director will also interact with program recipients as a mentor.
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new sites.
- Hire and retain support staff as needed in the future.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Work closely with Treasurer of IHSF
Administrative Leadership and Management
Serve as a business partner to the ED on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
The director of finance and administration will have at least 2-4 years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a organization (preference given to nonprofit experience). S/he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The director of finance and administration will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to IHSF Nonprofit’s mission.
- Resource Development / Management
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of 5-10 hours per week
- Project Manager
- Manager of Corporate Partnerships
- Facilitator for Professional...
- Facilitator for Teen Girls...
- Director of Operations
- Director of Finance
- Social Media Representative
- Event Planner
- Blog Editor
- Assistant Director of Human...
- IHSF Blogger
- Grant Writer
- Program Manager - Girl Rising
- Graphic Designer