48 people are interested
The Development Intern will primarily be responsible for identifying, designing and implementing fundraising strategies for Migration Resource Center (MRC), including drafting grant applications, identifying corporate partners and soliciting private donors. The Intern will work closely with the Grant Writing Manager (remote) to research, write and prepare grant applications. In addition, the intern will identify potential donors and organizational partners for the Staten Island, NY office. The funds from grants and donations will be used to provide legal representation to immigrants such as detainees, asylees and victims of domestic violence, to develop MRC's educational programs and for general operating support.
No prior development experience required, however we do ask that you have the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong writing and research skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Proficient in Microsoft programs and social media literate
- Possess or are currently completing a bachelor's or other post-secondary degree
- Commitment to serving low-income immigrants
- Able to commit 10-15+ hours/week for 3-4 months
The internship is unpaid; however, prospective interns are welcome to apply for academic credit through their institutions. Applications will be taken on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit a resume and one-page cover letter expressing your interest in the internship to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: "Development Intern Application."
We'll work with your schedule.
36 Richmond TerraceSuite 307Staten Island, NY 10301
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Market Research / Analysis
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check
- 3-4 Months