The Communication Officer for the HappyCity Board of Directors is responsible for the organization's communication with different target audiences, including donors, corporate sponsors, volunteers, advocacy coalitions, partners, and community. They will chair the PR & Marketing Committee to develop communication tasks and use written and verbal skills to create a wide range of communication campaigns and strategies. By communicating effectively with the target audience, they will help to build a positive reputation for the organization.
- Manage organization brand and reputation.
- Ensure public views the organization favorably.
- Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns.
- Contact members of the media to set up interviews
- Get organization featured on radio, TV, or the Internet.
- Drive organizational strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of organizational culture and mission.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with media reps.
- Develop delivery and packaging plans for organizational messages.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, website, video, special projects and assignments.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8-10 Hours/Monthly
- Preferred: Previous Board Experience