Who We Are
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is a registered, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our Dreamcatcher program that combines mentoring and micro-funding opportunities for low-income K-12 and community college students from underprivileged Bay Area communities to help them realize their scholastic and career dreams. In addition, our scholarship fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, we also donate school supplies and provide experiential learning through our classroom program.
Since inception, we were able to fulfill the dreams of over 2,000 Bay Area youth and distribute over $250,000 in goods and services to those in need. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, and Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate.
Capture the Dream, Inc. is looking for a Volunteer Program Manager to run our Adopt-A-Classroom Program. We have two vacancies - one in SF and one in Oakland.
The Adopt-A-Classroom Program partners with local Bay Area schools and teachers to provide classroom support for the school year. Our goal is to help create caring school environments that provide students with positive role models, reward their academic achievements and engage the students in co-curricular school activities.
At the beginning of the school year, the students in the program tell us their long-term educational or career ambitions, their shorter-term academic goals, and the list of things that can help them to accomplish their goals. Adopt-A-Classroom works with the teachers on projects that will complement the students’ curriculum and give the students exposure to those subjects that are most interesting to them. We plan to increase donor and volunteer support for the Adopt-A-Classroom Program to help the students accomplish their educational goals for the year.
This person should have a passion for non-profit work, which would be evident in the interactions they have with prospective donors and sponsors when telling them about Capture the Dream, Inc. and its actions toward combating poverty in the Bay Area, as well as the direct interactions they will have with the families who benefit from the program.
Previous experience working with a non-profit organization is helpful but not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit and help select schools and non-profit agencies to partner with us to deliver the program. We currently have existing partnerships in the SFUSD and the OUSD
- Review microgrant applications for completeness and conformity to program guidelines
- Conduct weekly check-in meetings with community partners
- Work with Marketing Team to solicit donors and fundraise
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client and donor data
- Identify and solicit prospective corporate sponsors
- Arrange speakers to talk to students about respective career fields
- Recruit and oversee volunteers for special events
- Facilitate communications between sponsors/donors/volunteers as needed
- Well organized, ability to manage timelines and deadlines
- Great follow-up
- Excellent communication skills
- Outgoing / friendly
- Required: Reside in the Greater San Francisco Bay area. Available to visit schools in Oakland and/or San Francisco during school hours.
- Required: Attend monthly staff meetings 2-4pm every First Sunday of the month in Oakland (or dial-in). Holiday weekends move the meeting to the Second Sunday of every month
- Preferred: Drivers License and/or access to Public Transportation. Flexible schedule that will permit meetings and site visits during business hours.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Angelina@capturethedream.org
For more information, please visit us at: http://www.capturethedream.org
Capture the Dream, Inc.
484 Lake Park Avenue, #15
Oakland, CA 94610
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training