Our Task is a community of global citizens who are concerned about the future of the planet. We are an independent, non-profit that is run 100% by volunteers from all over the world. Our mission is to transform young adults into global thinkers and empower them to lead the next generation in building a sustainable future.
The Communications Coordinator position could be an exciting and challenging role for someone who is interested in communications and PR and who wants to make a difference in the world.
In order to address the breadth of sustainability issues the world faces but also allow enough time to dig deep into how we can make a difference, Our Task will spend 6-month 'intervals' focusing on one area of concern at a time. The first interval will begin in 2017 and will focus on Soil, and the second half of 2017 we will focus on Food Security. Our hope is to hold at least one event per month related to the interval focus.
We are looking for someone who has the creativity and energy to develop and implement an overall communications strategy for our organization. You will not do this alone! We have a great team of Communications Coordinators! We will meet at least once a fortnight on Hangouts to discuss progress or share ideas etc...
- Develop and implement, via social media and other means, an overall communications strategy for our programming strategy
- Recruit and manage a Communications Team comprised of supporting volunteers;
- Maintain good relationships with all of the Project’s collaborators and young adults;
- Work closely with the Communications Director;
- Produce brochures, flyers, infographics, and other materials as needed.
- Some experience in communicating issues relating to the global economy, resources, population, and the environment is a plus;
- Comfortable and proficient with social media platforms;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while also being a team player;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with socially and culturally diverse audiences and stakeholders;
- Ability to build productive and caring relationships with a wide range of people;
- Energetic, friendly, and outgoing.
What will you have achieved by the end of this assignment:
- Experience of working in a small, well-connected environmental organization;
- Hands-on experience for your resume;
- A greater understanding of global issues;
- A letter of recommendation on request;
- Experience speaking about the project (being a 'face of project’).
Ideally we would like to have someone who can commit for at least 2 hours per week for six months or longer.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 2 hours a week
- be able to work on your own initiative