The Global 2100 Project is seeking volunteers to conduct and guide a new study of the future of the world.
The vision of the project: to provide an opportunity for thoughtful young adults everywhere to:
- Consider current human plans for our species’ global civilization;
- Carefully analyze the implications of these plans for the life of a child born today;
- Draft an alternative plan describing how young people would manage human affairs on Earth if they were now leading; and
- Engage in an extended, global, and civil intergenerational dialogue about actions and changes young people would like their parents’ and grandparents’ generations to support now, without delay.
The Global 2100 project will be modeled after the Global 2000 Report for President Jimmy Carter, who has warmly endorsed the new global study. The original Global 2000 Report sold 1.5 million copies in nine languages and had an impact on thinking worldwide. The Global 2100 Study will be prepared by a team of thoughtful young adults supported by respected mentors from many disciplines. The Study will address matters of the global economy, resources, population and environment over the lifetime of a child born today. The Study will report on the worlds young adults would manage human affairs on Earth if they were in charge right now.
The Global 2100 Project is being organized by Our Task, a 100% voluntary, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to environmental awareness and accountability and dedicated to informing young adults about what is happening to Earth. It was founded in 2006 and is based in Arlington, VA, USA. Our Task’s Mission is to transform young adults into global thinkers and empower them to lead the next generation in building a sustainable future. Dr. Gerald O. Barney, who directed the original Global 2000 Study and founded Our Task, will contribute to and support the Global 2100 Study. A Wide range of other organizations is being invited to be collaborators on the Project.
The Global 2100 Project needs a wide range of both young adult volunteers to conduct the project and older professional volunteers to serve as mentors and coaches.
The Communications Coordinator position could be an exciting and challenging role for someone who is well rounded in communications and PR and who wants to make a difference in the world.
We are looking for someone who has the creativity and energy to develop and implement an overall communications strategy for the G2100. You will not do this alone! We have a great team of three Communications Coordinators! We will meet at least once a week on Hangouts to discuss progress or share ideas etc...
- Develop and implement, via social media and other means, an overall communications strategy for the G2100 Project;
- Recruit and manage a Communications Team comprised of supporting volunteers;
- Be one of the principal "public faces" of the Project;
- Maintain good relationships with all of the Project’s collaborators and young adults;
- Work closely with the Mobilization Coordinator and Project Coordinator;
- Produce brochures, flyers, infographics, and other materials as needed.
- Experience in communicating issues relating to the global economy, resources, population, and the environment;
- Comfortable and proficient with social media platforms;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while also being a team player;
- Ability to recruit and manage a team of volunteers;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with socially and culturally diverse audiences and stakeholders;
- Ability to build productive and caring relationships with a wide range of people;
- Energetic, friendly, and outgoing.
What will you have achieved by the end of this assignment:
- Experience of working in a small, well-connected environmental organization;
- Hands-on experience for your resume;
- A greater understanding of global issues;
- A letter of recommendation on request;
- Name on report;
- Experience speaking about the project (being a 'face of project’).
Ideally we would like to have someone who can commit for at least ten hours per week for six months or longer.
This agreement is not intended to be a legally binding contract.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Preferabbly 5 hours a week for 6 months
- be able to work on your own initiative