The Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade is a success due in large part to the efforts of our volunteers!
Please take a moment to read all information below in its entirety to ensure that your volunteer experience will be a positive one.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Is this is your first visit to the volunteer registration site? Select 'Register Now'
Already created an account? Go ahead and select 'Log in'
Once you register, please be sure to complete the entire process until you see a confirmation page. A confirmation email will be sent once your completed your registration. If you do not receive this email, contact us immediately at email@example.com
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
- We welcome children ages 10 - 15 as volunteers if accompanied by an adult. The parade is a great opportunity to volunteer with your child, therefore please be aware that Costumed Walker is the only volunteer opportunity available for you and your child.
- Volunteers must wear closed toe shoes.
- Volunteers should be able to physically walk the one mile parade route and be comfortable for standing for up to four hours.
- Children, family, friends or pets are NOT allowed to accompany the volunteer during any of their volunteer shifts. If a child wants to volunteer, he or she must be at least 10 years with a chaperone and register as a group. (See above)
Volunteering with the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade is a fun and engaging way for your organization to bridge teambuilding with community service. Popular opportunities for groups include:
- Costume walkers: Members of your group plan and create a group costume, then walk and wave to spectators during the parade!
- Balloon Handlers: Walk down Tryon St. as a team carrying a helium balloon!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a large group and we will work with you to find the right opportunity for your group, team or organization. Experience the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade in an unforgettable way!
- WEATHER: Our events are rain or shine.
- SHIFT COMPLETION: Volunteers are required to complete the entire assigned shift.
- ATTENDANCE: We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shifts are absolutely necessary. When you commit, you commit to the selected shift and the entire shift time. If you do not show up, and do not cancel in advance, we reserve the right to remove you from future volunteer assignments and activities.
- SHIFT CANCELLATION: All volunteers are able to manage their itinerary on this website including shift additions, shift changes/cancellations, and adding friends/family to shifts. Use your email address and password to login and return to your registration to make any changes.
- PLACEMENT: Please note, the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade reserves the right to reassign volunteers based on unexpected needs or shifts in events. We will do our best to honor your first choice, but it is not guaranteed. Thank you in advance for your understanding and enthusiasm while volunteering!
Special access to the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training