Actively seeking community development intern to engage the Chinatown community in making sense of the issues which affect their lives, setting goals for improvement and responding to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation.
A good deal of the work is project based, which means that community development workers usually have a specific geographical community or social group on which to focus.
Tasks often involve:
- identifying community skills, assets, issues and needs;
- ensuring that local people have their say;
- developing new resources in dialogue with the community and evaluating existing programmes;
- building links with other groups and agencies;
- helping to raise public awareness on issues relevant to the community;
- preparing reports and policies;
- raising and managing funds;
- developing and implementing strategies;
- liaising with interested groups and individuals to set up new services;
- mediating in matters of conflict;
- planning, attending and coordinating meetings and events;
- encouraging participation in activities;
- general administrative duties.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Content Management Systems
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment