- Accept donations, write tax receipt upon request
- Answer phone and walk-in customer inquiries
- Record sales transactions and receive payment (cash, credit card, check)
- Staff front desk and stock shelves
- Tidy up store when needed (light cleaning, rearrange books, etc)
This is a great way to meet new people as well as being rewarding for anyone who loves reading and books! It is a perfect opportunity for senior citizens, part-time workers, freelancers, telecommuters and stay-at-home parents. High school and college students are welcome on a fill-in basis or for community service hours. Two days of training are required: Tuesday 1:30 - 5 PM and Thursday 10 AM -1:30 PM at the Golden Springs location.
We have two used bookstore locations. One is a free standing store on Golden Springs Drive, and the other is inside the Diamond Bar Library. Depending on the day, hours for the Golden Springs store vary between 10 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday and Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM. Hours for the Library store vary between 10 AM to 5 PM Monday through Saturday. Shifts run from 3 to 4 hours, and we need volunteers who can commit to weekly or biweekly shifts.
- Gain thrift store retail experience to put on your resume
- Learn skills such as customer service, problem solving, and conflict resolution
- Help promote literacy in the local community
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Make new friends
**Note**: We are not the Diamond Bar Library. We are a nonprofit organization that raises funds to support the library. If you would like to volunteer for the library directly, please contact the Diamond Bar Library at 909-861-4978 or drop in to talk to a staff member.
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours a month
- Fluency in English is required