Hospice Services is currently seeking individuals to volunteer their time with terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
Volunteer opportunities include providing:
· Companionship to the lonely
· Caregiver relief
· Music therapy
· Accompany on walks and/or recreational outings
· Assistance with errands and other support for families as they face difficult and challenging end-of-life issues
· Office support
Hospice is a team program of care which supports patients remaining in their homes for as long as possible. The program helps maintain levels of comfort and quality of life for patients and their loved ones.
Hospice provides volunteers with extensive training, ongoing support, and education. The program matches volunteers to situations that best suit their skills and availability and the patients' needs.
Volunteers have the freedom to structure their own hours during the week, evenings, or weekends. Assignments are located in the San Francisco and South San Francisco areas.
If you are interested in learning more please contact us!
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 hours a week. More if available