A Community Manager is the face of a company, managing communications in both directions. This digital-savvy employee is responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things.
- Content creation - Writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Social media marketing - Creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Events and event planning -Planning meetups for your community.
- Public relations - Managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists, creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
- Customer relations - The Community Manager is often responsible for customer support, answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online feedback forums such as Get Satisfaction pages
- Communications/marketing strategy - The Community Manager is responsible for creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the organization’s public-facing communication.
- Currently seeking or have a degree in Social Media Community Management.
- Experience in advertising, marketing, graphics, web development, and communications.
- Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to crank editorial and technical writing output without brooding.
- Experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Demonstrated ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Understands social media universe including YouTube, Stumble Upon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.
- Possesses functional knowledge or some experience with HTML/CSS.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization-think including basic keyword research. Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 6 hours/week
- LEAD CROWD FUNDER
- Virtual Secretary
- Marketing Person
- Policy Procedure Writer 2
- Special Event Intern
- Fundraising Specialist
- Assistant Crowd Funder
- Graphic designer for Marketing...
- GRIEF SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
- Survey Designer and Research...
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR EVENT...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Virtual Volunteer Assistant
- Public Relations Manager
- Social Media Community Manager
- Public Relations Team Member
- Experienced Grant Writer
- Public Relations Assistant