The Companion/Vigil Volunteer provides support and visits to the hospice patient which offers a break from the routine for the family. They provide emotional support to the patient and his/her family by comfoting, supporting, providing information and guidance. The Volunteer's role is to be a calming, peacful presence for the patient and family. They provide the support and physical presence that patients and families need. The vigil process may include any or all of the following:
*being a calm presence, sitting with the patient and family, sitting at the bedside, being open to conversation, listening and allowing the person to share his/her thoughts and feelings, shared silence,reading inspirational texts or scripture per the patient's and/or family's request, requested rituals, providing inspirational music, lighting candles
Volunteer maintains contact with the family by phone to be a listening ear and provide extra emotional support.
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Around your schedule
- Warm and compassionate...
- Gift Shop Associate
- Clean n' Soft Program Volunteers
- Patient Care Volunteer-Hospice
- Administrative Volunteer- Hospice
- Special Events Assistants for...
- Wellness Center Assistant
- Morning Shoppers
- Adult Day Center Volunteer
- Intergenerational Program...
- Games and Crafts Volunteers
- Companion/Vigil Volunteer-Hospice
- Bereavement Volunteer-Hospice