You CAN Make A Difference!
The Companion/Vigil Volunteer provides support and visits to our hospice patients which offers a respite to the family. Our volkunteers provide emotional support to the patient and his/her family by comfoting, supporting, providing information and guidance. The Volunteer's role is a calming, peacful presence for the patient and family. They provide the support and physical presence that patients and families need. The vigil process may include any or all of the following:
-being a calm presence, sitting with the patient and family, sitting at the bedside, being open to conversation, listening and allowing the person to share his/her thoughts and feelings, shared silence,reading inspirational texts or scripture per the patient's and/or family's request, requested rituals, providing inspirational music, lighting candles
Volunteers maintain a sacred relationship with our patients and families in order to offer a listening ear and provide extra emotional support.
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Around your schedule
- Jennings Transportation Assistant
- Jennings Visiting Companions
- Jennings Gift Shop Associate...
- Jennings Hospice Visiting...
- Jennings Special Events...
- Jennings Wellness Center Assistant
- Greeter - for growing Senior...
- Jennings Hospice Companion and...
- Jennings Hospice Bereavement...
- Jennings Assisted Living needs...