Become a BUDDY Today!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
48 people are interested
Become a BUDDY today!
Building Upon Dreams Developing Youngsters
Our new BUDDY program is based on a trauma informed play model adapted from a program in Washington D.C. As a BUDDY you can take our kids through age appropriate activities, build lego towers, read them a book, play musical instruments, and most importantly have FUN!
Enjoy working with children 1 year to 7 years of age? MICAH House is looking for BUDDYs to assist with some night time play activities. The BUDDY Program will be on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. A BUDDY must be over the age of 16; however, an adult or group of adults may chaperone children under the age of 16 to help facilitate one-time or occasional programming.
WHAT IS THE MICAH HOUSE BUDDY PROGRAM?
The MICAH House BUDDY Program is meant to engage the more than 350 children we serve in a years’ time with trauma informed play opportunities. We truly want to Build Upon Dreams and Develop our Youngsters!
WHAT DOES THE BUDDY PROGRAM DO?:
* Play Programs: A BUDDY will help children learn and heal through play by supervising play spaces, facilitating conflict resolution, and by allowing therapeutic self-expression through art and culture, STEM activities, literacy, character strength building/emotional intelligence, and recreation
* Referrals: Connect families to services needed to overcome challenges
* Special visitors: Bring new ideas, experiences, and energy to our children
We'll work with your schedule.
MICAH House1415 Avenue JCouncil Bluffs, IA 51501
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once per week or twice per month position
- Enjoy working with children and complete a two hour training and background check.