Become a BUDDY Today!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
56 people are interested
Become a BUDDY today!
Building Upon Dreams Developing Youngsters
Our new BUDDY program is based on a trauma informed play model adapted from a program in Washington D.C. As a BUDDY you can take our kids through age appropriate activities, build lego towers, read them a book, play musical instruments, and most importantly have FUN!
Enjoy working with children 1 year to 7 years of age? MICAH House is looking for BUDDYs to assist with some night time play activities. The BUDDY Program will be on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. A BUDDY must be over the age of 16; however, an adult or group of adults may chaperone children under the age of 16 to help facilitate one-time or occasional programming.
WHAT IS THE MICAH HOUSE BUDDY PROGRAM?
The MICAH House BUDDY Program is meant to engage the more than 350 children we serve in a years’ time with trauma informed play opportunities. We truly want to Build Upon Dreams and Develop our Youngsters!
WHAT DOES THE BUDDY PROGRAM DO?:
* Play Programs: A BUDDY will help children learn and heal through play by supervising play spaces, facilitating conflict resolution, and by allowing therapeutic self-expression through art and culture, STEM activities, literacy, character strength building/emotional intelligence, and recreation
* Referrals: Connect families to services needed to overcome challenges
* Special visitors: Bring new ideas, experiences, and energy to our children
About MICAH House
1415 Ave J, Council Bluffs, IA 51501, US
"Providing a safe and nurturing environment with support services for families and individuals who are experiencing the crisis of homelessness."
MICAH House is an emergency family shelter that serves families, couples, and single women. Since opening our doors in 1986, MICAH House has been dedicated to its established mission. We endeavor to provide residence for those who are without shelter. We seek to provide the resources necessary to find housing and employment. Most importantly, we strive to give lives direction. The MICAH House is a homeless shelter focused on goals.
We'll work with your schedule.
MICAH House1415 Avenue JCouncil Bluffs, IA 51501
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once per week or twice per month position
- Enjoy working with children and complete a two hour training and background check.