- Work independently and collaboratively to identify visual opportunities that best communicate the story of BEST
- Create new/update collateral material to reflect BEST
- Be able to complete all phases of project from design conceptualization to post production and coordination of distribution
- Ensure s consistency and relevancy to production
- Monitor s technical quality of end product
- Create images that help convey BEST’s message ;
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for upcoming events
- Create designs using computer software packages
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout for workshop flyers and brochures
- Incorporate changes recommended by staff into the final designs
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing
- Reports to Executive Director
This volunteer position requires an average of three to six hours per week, however will be project based. We ask for a six month commitment.
- Commitment to BEST’s mission
- Analytical skills: Must be able to look at work from a general point of view and examine how the designs will be perceived by the public in order to ensure it conveys the desired message.
- Artistic ability: Must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients.
- Communication skills: Must communicate with both staff and volunteers on a regular basis.
- Computer skills: Must have adequate knowledge about computer software.
- Creativity: Must think of new approaches to communicating ideas to clients and develop unique designs on behalf of our organization.
- Time-management skills: Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time, each with different deadlines.
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Web Design
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-6 hours per week and a 6 month commitment.