Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston (HFHGB) is seeking two talented individuals to serve as AmeriCorps National Direct Construction Crew Leaders.
The Construction Crew Leaders will work with the HFHGB Construction staff to assist in the execution of all aspects of building a Habitat house, from lot clearing to final inspections and punch list. They will develop construction skills to help build Habitat homes and lead volunteer groups building Habitat homes.
- Assist in all stages of the construction process
- Lead and motivate volunteers (of all skill levels) in general construction tasks of building a Habitat home
- Conduct safety briefing and orientation for all volunteers prior to the beginning of construction on the work site
- Provide training to volunteers and prospective homeowners as applicable
- Promote partnership among all participants in the Habitat program
- Ensure workers and worksite remain safe
- Provide a positive, supportive environment at the job site
- Friendly, flexible, and enthusiastic
- Passion for Habitat's mission
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Great interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Previous experience with construction is desirable, but not required
- Experience working with volunteers is helpful but not required
- Experience leading and working in teams is preferred
Habitat AmeriCorps National Direct members commit to 10.5 months of service and receive a living allowance of approximately $12,530. In addition, HFHGB will contribute a housing stipend of $200 a month for rent and a monthly T-pass for public transportation. The position begins at the end of August.
In-service training opportunities, post-service $5,775 Education Award, personal and sick leave, health care coverage, federal loan forbearance, and childcare (if eligible).
Habitat for Humanity engages people of all ages and backgrounds in addressing community needs.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full time for 10.5 months