Support Groups also available in Ajax-Pickering, Uxbridge, and Port Perry
Reports To: Manager of Family Support Services
Position Summary: Support the ASDR’s mission and co-facilitate a discussion group of care partners, family members, and friends who are affected by Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. Help to create a safe and open environment for participants to share their stories and learn techniques for improving quality of life.
Role Responsibilities / Tasks
- Initiate, clarify and summarize discussions as required
- Connect support group participants through discussion about shared common experiences
- Encourage compromise to maintain group cohesion
- Prepare for and deliver education component
- Complete support group report including attendance and debrief with supervisor
- Establish a comfortable and welcoming meeting area (includes setting up and tidying up area, if necessary).
- Provide support and guidance to participants, facilitate conversation and encourage problem-solving and support among members.
Or visit http://bttr.im/rnrh7 to get signed up
- Adult Education
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once per month for 2 hours and check ins.
- TRAINING REQUIRED: 2 sessions 6 hours each. Comes with a certificate in Group Facilitation