To serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive activities program to enrich the fellowship of the congregation, and by providing leadership to and supervision of staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and direct recreational activities for all age groups, such as: * Volleyball program * Softball * Basketball * Racquetball * Self-defense classes * Travel club * Exercise classes and physical-fitness programs
2. Recruit and train staff and volunteers for the church’s activities and recreation program.
3. Plan and direct special events for the congregation, such as: * Annual prayer breakfast * Church picnics * Athletic awards banquets * Mother/daughter banquet * Father/son banquets
4. Coordinate transportation needs, including maintenance and repair of church-owned vehicles.
5. Coordinate and schedule use of the gymnasium and family-life center.
6. Maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies, purchasing supplies as needed.
7. Plan and coordinate special- interest classes, such as: * Crafts * Needlework * Cooking * Photography
8. Recruit, train and motivate coaches.
9. Coordinate planning with other staff members to ensure high quality activities at conferences and retreats.
10. Teach in the adult education program, as requested.
11. Administer the work of the Department of Activities by encouraging teamwork and mutual support, and by providing leadership and nurture to staff members who work in the department.
12. Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
13. Work with appropriate committees, officers and leaders to carry out the activities ministry of the church.
14. Attend staff meetings and retreats.
15.Attend monthly board meetings as a resource and for informational purposes.
16. Represent the church by serving on appropriate denomination committees and community organizations.
17. Cooperate with the (__________) by performing any other duties when asked to do so
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment