Dates: 7/6/16 - 12/31/16 Dates flexible to accommodate school requirements.
Hours: Maximum 20 hours per week, weekend and evening work available but not required
Description: Norfolk Botanical Garden is seeking self-starting, detail-oriented data entry specialists to assist the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Essential Functions: Works with the Volunteer Services Coordinator to enter new volunteer records into computer database, as well as repair prior data entries including contact and timesheet information for approximately 1100 volunteers.
- Must be comfortable working on a computer - familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Publisher and Blackbaud Altru preferred but not required;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision after initial training;
- Able to work consistent shifts, though some flexibility is available;
- Able to commit to at least one month or more of time to the position;
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Enter new volunteer information into Altru database to build constituent record.
- Use Microsoft Publisher template to print, cut and laminate new volunteer badges using a Volunteer Badge Request Form.
- Review prior data entries in Altru for mistakes and make corrections as needed.
- Repair Group Volunteer records in Altru to include individual volunteers.
- Scan, email and attach paper documents to electronic records in Altru.
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Reports to: Barbara McKeever, Volunteer Coordinator and Courtney Cornwell, Director of Adult Programs
To apply: Please email Barbara L. McKeever, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive Internship Application. Return application via email, along with resume and cover letter.
- Data Entry
- Adult Education
- Database Administration
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Maximum 20 hrs
- See Description