Contribute 2-3 hours per month - at a time that works best for YOU - to help a low-income elder continue to live independently at home. This is a wonderful and very powerful volunteer-based program for vulnerable, low-income elders in the community whose mental or physical condition makes it difficult to carry out the routine tasks of money management. The mission of the program is to promote the dignity and autonomy of elders who do not have family or friends nearby who they can rely on. Volunteer bill payers have helped prevent evictions due to non-payment of rent, loss of utility and phone service, and premature placement of elders in nursing homes. Financial expertise not required: if you are comfortable managing your own household finances and would like to learn more about an opportunity to make an immediate and dramatic difference in the life of an elder, please contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Home Care Office Assistant!
- Do you speak Haitian Creole?...
- Do you speak Cantonese? Relieve...
- Volunteer at Cafe Pride!
- Volunteer as a Spanish Translator!
- Advocate for Elders in long term...
- Do you speak Spanish? An Elder...
- Vulnerable seniors need your help!
- Senior Companions Needed!
- Relieve Loneliness - Become a...
- Shop with a Senior!
- Male Friendly Visitors Needed!
- Volunteer Bill Payers for Seniors!
- Veterans Needed to Volunteer...
- Escort Seniors to Medical...
- Do you speak Arabic? Elders Need...
- PCA Office Volunteer