An Editor is a person having managerial and sometimes policy-making responsibility related to the writing, compilation, and revision of content for a publishing firm or for a newspaper, magazine, or other publication.
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for people to understand.
- Verify facts, using standard reference sources.
- Evaluate submissions from writers to decide what to publish.
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed.
- Plan the content of publications according to the publication's style and editorial policy.
- Develop story and content ideas while being mindful of the audience.
- Allocate space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story.
- Approve final versions submitted by staff.
- Currently have or acquiring a degree in English or a comparable discipline
- Editor experience
- Grammar skills
- Communication skills
- intermediate computer skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 6 hours/week
- LEAD CROWD FUNDER
- Virtual Secretary
- Marketing Person
- Policy Procedure Writer 2
- Special Event Intern
- Fundraising Specialist
- Assistant Crowd Funder
- Graphic designer for Marketing...
- GRIEF SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
- Survey Designer and Research...
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR EVENT...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Virtual Volunteer Assistant
- Public Relations Manager
- Social Media Community Manager
- Public Relations Team Member
- Experienced Grant Writer
- Public Relations Assistant