Action, Inc. provides educational and support services for youth ages 16-24 who have experienced barriers to success in the traditional setting. Our goal is for each student to successfully pass the High School Equivalency Test (formerly GED) in a safe, structured, and positive learning environment.
- Conduct 1:1 tutoring and/or small group instruction in Math and/or English.
- Individualize instruction to accommodate students with learning disabilities.
- Assist instructors on developing lesson plans.
- Engage students in creative activities to accommodate student learning styles.
- Maintain a safe, disciplined, and positive learning environment.
- Inform the manager of behavior and/or learning issues as they occur.
- Communicate obstacles to learning and/or issues with staff and teachers.
- Flexible Hours: ideally 10 - 20 hours a week
- $500 stipend per tutor/semester (tentative)
- Experience with and a passion for working with youth
- Strong organizational, verbal, and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Undergrad/Grad student experience (preferred)
- Eligible volunteers must pass a Criminal Background Check (CORI)
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check