In conjunction with the Executive Director develops and coordinates all elements of volunteering within the Jeremiah-Endicott Boston program. The role involves assessing and meeting the programmatic and general operating needs of the program through recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
This is a part-time, unpaid position 10-15 hours per week; Monday-Friday, with some weekend hours. Schedule is flexible.
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance and recruit volunteers accordingly.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures and standards of volunteer service.
- Coordinate volunteer schedules and use of space.
- Provide volunteer orientation and training.
- Plan and implement volunteer appreciation events.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position with significant client contact, preferably within a non-profit organization
- Outgoing and engaging, with excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in MS Office, including Excel, and other applications
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to anticipate the organization's needs and to be proactive in meeting them
- Highly motivated, reliable, team-player who also enjoys working independently
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Fluency in Spanish, Haitian Creole or Portuguese is a plus
- Opportunity to participate in a ten-week Empowerment workshop
- Weekly MBTA pass
- Gain experience in growing and managing a non-profit
- Opportunities to network with community stakeholders
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 13 hours/week