OneJustice is a nonprofit legal organization that brings life-changing legal assistance to low-income Californian by transforming the civil legal aid system. We support a statewide network of 100+ nonprofits, as well as law firms, corporate legal departments, and law schools, in delivering free civil legal assistance to low-income and underserved Californians, including veterans, seniors, families, children and youth, and low-wage workers. We have two core program areas: (1) Healthy Nonprofits, which provides coaching, consulting and resources on nonprofit management to the boards, executives and leaders of legal services nonprofits, and (2) Pro Bono Justice, which builds innovative and effective pro bono projects with law schools, firms, and businesses around the state. More information about OneJustice is available at one-justice.org.
The Development Internship is ideal for those who wish to pursue careers in fundraising, event planning, or communications - especially in the nonprofit sector. The intern will be responsible for assisting the Development/Communications team with various aspects of development and communications, which will allow the organization to reach its revenue goals.
Some Responsibilities May Include:
- Support the Development team in planning and implementing the organization’s seasonal fundraising campaign
- Assist the team with developing our brand new Major Gifts program
- Generate and assemble thank you letters and other collateral as needed
- Assist with the communications strategies by creating content for social media posts
Hours & Schedule: We are flexible - hoping the intern can work from our SF office around 10 hours per week. Also flexible about start/end date and open to coordination, but would ideally have someone in place for the fall semester/quarter.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in college OR have a B.A. or B.S.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Fierce attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy.
- Flexibility and ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
This unpaid internship will be an excellent introduction or addition to your resume. This experience will open the doors to development, communications, and event planning as well as provide an opportunity to gain hands-on graphic design experience. Any student planning for a career in communications, development, or graphic design in the nonprofit or for-profit sector will find this experience valuable. As part of this internship, we will also help you polish and revise your resume and cover letter, as well as provide you with professional development opportunities. If you are currently in school and require credits for internships, we will gladly work with you and your school to ensure you receive appropriate credits.
Send: (1) a cover letter with a detailed explanation of your qualifications for the internship (2) your resume; (3) three academic or professional references; via email to email@example.com. Please include "Development Intern" in your email subject header.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Critical Thinking
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/week