Calling all advocates...
Are you passionate about social change?
Are you outgoing and creative?
Want a volunteer position where you can make a difference in your community?
Then come volunteer at the Independent Living Resource Center (ILRC) and assist us to encourage people with disabilities and seniors to vote.
Volunteers will assist ILRC staff in:
- Outreach and registering new voters at community events
- Collecting pledges to vote in the upcoming election
- Assisting voters with arranging transportation to polling places
- Writing letters to newspapers,
- Other tasks related to getting out the vote
We are looking for someone who has a:
- Passion for voting and social change
- Familiarly with MAC and MS Office Suite
- Dependable, good organizational and time management skills
- Bilingual (Spanish, American Sign Language) a plus but not required
Volunteer hours will be the daytime. We are looking for individuals who have time either for a specific event or a couple hours a week.
We will provide volunteers with training on a variety of topics relating to voting, civic engagement and disability awareness.
ILRC will provide interns with high school/college community service hours.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Can be for single event or up to 5 hours a week