Spiritual Care Intern-Chaplain Intern
5 people are interested
As a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team and under the direction of the Chaplain, will assess the spiritual and religious needs of patients and their families, arrange for the provision of spiritual and religious support in accordance with their wishes, and supporting families in the bereavement process. Chaplain Interns provide bereavement counseling to family members as identified.
Working under the clinical supervision of the Supervising Chaplain, who will routinely assess the needs of the Intern and as the Intern becomes increasingly autonomous, may assign the following responsibilities:
1. Complete the spiritual needs assessment of a patient and family when referred by the hospice interdisciplinary team.
2. Serve as liaison to the patient/family’s community of faith and in response to the needs of patient and family, advise patient/family clergy, or other spiritual caregiver, of the issues related to the terminal illness of the patient.
3. If patient and family do not have a religious affiliation but wish to receive pastoral care, provide for spiritual and religious support and services in accordance with the wishes and beliefs of the patient and family.
4. Document the provision of spiritual care.
5. Attend team meetings and participate in the interdisciplinary review of the plan of care for patients and their families.
6. Network with clergy and the lay community to provide information about hospice, and engage them as partners in the care of patients and families.
7. Participate in developing and enhancing the spiritual and religious support services provided by Seasons Hospice in collaboration with community clergy, laity, and other members of the hospice interdisciplinary team.
8. Provide spiritual counseling services to patients and family members, as needed.
9. Provide education about hospice, spiritual care, death and dying, grief and bereavement, living in the face of death, and other related topics to community groups (civic and religious).
10. Facilitate grief support groups as identified by the Bereavement Committee.
11. Participate and/or facilitate Seasons Hospice memorial services.
12. Provide bereavement counseling to family members, as identified.
This Intern must be enrolled in seminary, bible college or some other higher education that requires field placement as a part of their curriculum. If you are interested or would like more information please visit www.seasons.org or contact our Volunteer department at 203-490-1155 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
near your home or office1579 StraitsTurnpikeMiddlebury, CT 06762
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Bereavement Support
- Spiritual Healing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training