Attention Visual Arts / PR /Journalism Students: Storytellers Needed to Help Goodwill Day Programs!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1331 Edgehill Rd.Columbus, OH 43212
Visual Story Teller
Goodwill Columbus is seeking an artistic photographer and a skilled writer who can create sharable and exciting content for social media and print. We want a journalist who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting stories that share the many layers of being a person with a disability seeking inclusion in their community and the service providers trying to make changes in the industry-the triumphs, the barriers, passions, skills, interests and personal connections with community members. They are astutely observant, in constant search for small advances and sharing them in big ways.
In this role, you will:
- Use editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Produce original content on digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Write and post on digital platforms including attaching images and streaming video. Must include Social Media.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics, videos and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Contact sources and develop stories. Visit community-sites, attend staff trainings and speak with families and participants, documenting their experiences. Produce stories that are unique and captivating.
- Attend staff meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Edit video and text content stories for archives.
Here's what you need:
- Respect of privacy and independence of individuals with disabilities and those around them.
- In pursuit of a degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Desire to work on human-interest pieces.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots.
- Demonstrated social media proficiency.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, writing skills, photography experience.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism.
- Possess organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle being in different environments.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Varies, but we can meet weekly minimums if needed
- Having transportation preferred, but not required
- Support Goodwill Columbus by...
- Attention Visual Arts / PR...
- Help pick up discarded clothing...
- Do you have expertise in your...
- STNA Skill Lab Volunteers/Tutors
- Resume & Cover Letter Support in...
- Help Scan Books for Goodwill
- Guest Speakers for Career Boot...
- Flag Football Coaches Needed
- Assist with Career Workshops
- Virtual Career Mentors
- Mentor for Young Adult Career...
- Help in our Computer Lab for Job...
- ASL Tutor Needed for Client...
- Sort Clothing at Goodwill...
- Employer Network Group Guest...