Heading Home is a New Mexico non-profit that runs several housing-first initiatives and programs which seek to make experiences of homelessness rare, short-lived and non-recurring. We house six programs in two locations, including our emergency men’s shelter, the Albuquerque Opportunity Center (AOC).
The AOC is in need of a volunteer dorm resident assistant for evenings. The volunteer dorm resident assistant will work with Heading Home staff to make the shelter run more smoothly. This will include driving our shuttle to pick up residents, key service for laundry, storage, etc., assisting residents with other needs, and assisting staff with routine tasks. This is the ideal position for someone who is enthusiastic about helping people experiencing homelessness, and who also likes a fast-pace, resident-focused work environment.
This position requires one or two 4.5 hour evening shifts per week from 4:30pm to 9:00pm.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4.5 to 9 hours/week
- Would you like to help make...
- Help Someone Get Home! Furniture...
- Let's Roll! Volunteer Driver.
- Unique Opportunity for Awareness...
- Become a part of the Events &...
- Help Keep a Men's Emergency...
- Weekend Volunteer Driver
- Do you want to help give others...
- Volunteer Dorm Resident Assistant
- Spiritual Companion Volunteer
- (Your Special Skill Here)...