The Area Agency on Aging's Healthy Living Center of Excellence offers Evidence Based Workshops within senior communities that focus on Fall Prevention, Balance, Living with Chronic Diseases, and Caregiver support.
We Train And Certify All Willing Volunteers At No Charge To Become Facilitators In Their Community And Help Deliver Evidence Based Workshops Such As
- Tai Chi - Moving For Better Balance
- Matter of Balance
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Tai Chi - Moving for Better Balance is a 12 week course that meets one hour, twice a week. (stipend for travel included)
Matter of Balance is an 8 week course that meets two hours, once a week. (stipend for travel included)
Chronic Disease Self-Management is a 6 week course that meets 1 1/2 hours, once a week.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mental Health
- Fitness Instruction
- Physical Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers determine own schedule.
- If you love to volunteer, then being the Coach is the great way to help improve lives of others.